Monday, March 31, 2008

Woodbury Or Bust


On Saturday March 29th 6 of our Scrap N' Stampers Group members went to Woodbury, MN for a day of FUN!! We kissed our babies good-bye and we were off!! The gang picked me up so they could tour my stamp room. I had made them notebooks to bring along.



Our first stop was the 3M Rubber Stamping & Scrapbooking

Club Spring Convention.

There were 8 vendors and they all had make-n-takes.

There were lots of people and the make-n-take lines were long.

I think it took me 1 1/2 hours just to make these 3 things!!!!


It was FUN to see what is new out there in the
Stamping & Scrapbooking World!
Plus, I got some ideas for the Trade Show I am in on Saturday.


Next was lunch and MARGARITAS at Chili's.
Thanks to Bonnie we ended up with a few coaster from the joint.
Before we left we had a group photo taken.
{Ahhh...that is when it hit me what to do with the coasters!! You'll see.....}
******
Next we went to Archiver's. That is close to Heaven I have to say!! I found what I was looking for, boy & guy paper. My 30% off coupon "scored" me a Scor-Pal. (I am very excited to use that baby!!) While there I printed some wallet pictures of our group photo, but I never told the group!! {OK, so now I have coasters and pictures....you'll see.....}


We thought our last stop was Michaels, I did find a few things there.
But our "true" last stop was for ICE CREAM, expensive, but VERY GOOD ICE CREAM!!
What a nice way to end the day!
After the gang brought me home the boys thought
they would be "crafty" in my stamp room.
They got away with it since they missed me and I missed them so much.
Here is what they made:

Evan:


Jabin:




That night after they got to bed and my husband was busy watching TV, my idea for the coasters and wallet size pictures came to be, since I finally got my room back!

I started by inking the edges of plain coasters with Wild Wasabi,
added the Chili's coaster to the front of the first inked coaster.
On the back of that I added the Basic Black and the picture.
Then I added the coaster the the second inked coaster.
I then put the coasters together used my SU! Crop-A-Dile and punched the holes.
Tied it together with the Wild Wasabi Double Stitched Ribbon
and my surprise for the gang was done.


(OK, not done-done, because I still had to make 6 more!)
I did finish them before I went to bed!! Here is what they look like:





I can't wait to give these to the girls at class tomorrow!!

I suppose if they see this they won't as surprised, but "OH WELL" I couldn't wait to share!





No comments: