Saturday, March 14, 2009

A {Sweet} Card Fold Tutorial

I didn't know what to "name" this card fold. I LOVE it!! I think it is {Sweet} because you use ALL the base card stock, so there is very little scrap!! :)Here is the "how to" part:

You will need these supplies for 2 cards:

1~ 8 1/2" X 11" pc of Card Stock

2~ 3"x4" pcs of Designer Series Paper***

2~ pcs of 2 1/4" x 4" pc of Card Stock to Stamp images on

Paper Cutter w/Score Blade. {I used my cutter & Scor-Pal}

Stamps, Ink, Ribbon, Adhesive, Markers, scalloped edge punch, glue pen & glitter. Score your 8 1/2" x 11" pc of card stock {on the 11' side} at 5 1/2".

With your paper cutter cut your card stock on the 8 1/2" side at 4 1/4". This will give you two cards bases.Next, Cut off 2 1/2" from the top end of each card base. This will give you a 2 1/2" X 4 1/4" pc that is the "layer pc" for the 2 1/4" x 4" card stock stamped pc. The reason I like to "score" first is because then I know where to fold the top of the card after I cut the "layer pc" off.
{3x4 dsp & card stock pc to stamp on}

With this done you can use a scalloped edge punch on the flap of your card bases. Stamp what you want. To assemble your card attach the DSPaper to the inside of the card. Use adhesive to layer your stamped pc to the "layer pc".


Only add adhesive to the top of the stamped & layered pc and add to the card base. Attach ribbon. Here is what the card will look like when you open it:

Here is the same {sweet} card fold, I just had it open from the side.

If you would like more information on the products used to make these cards please contact me via e-mail: stampinandy@yahoo.com
To order products on-line 24/7 visit:
thanks for looking!!
andy :)

*** the reason I cut our 12x12 dsPaper to 3x4 is because you can get 12 pcs from one sheet of DSP!! I LOVE that!! Just cut your 12x12 dsPaper into 3~4"x12" strips. Then cut each strip into the 3"x4" pcs.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Hey Andy,

Love it! That is a super cool way to make a card! I'm always lookin' for new ideas, since my gals aren't really card makers. Why I don't know! They love to scrapbook though of course! :)
I'll have to think up a fun name to call different card techniques to get their attention.

Thanks for the tips on the DSP too! I'm always lookin' for new inventive ideas whether it be organizing or paper crafting. :)

Stampin' Smiles from Ear to Ear,
Ann :)