Tuesday, February 8, 2011

retreat...retreat

last friday i packed up my scrapbooking things, wrote a chalkboard note to my boys and i was off for a girls scrapbooking weekend!
ok, ok, so it wasn't that easy to just run out the door. LOTS of {planning} go into these weekends! this was my 3rd retreat and *this* year i wanted a plan of what i was going to work on and i didn't want to bring my WHOLE stamp room. {...again!}


this year i made {packets}.

a few of my friends {kelsey & angie} are ALL about the packets! there are many different kinds of {packets} but i kept mine simple.

i started by:
  • determining what i wanted to scrapbook
  • got the pictures ready or got them ready to be printed
  • picked out the papers i wanted to use
  • if i had journaling done i printed that to the size i wanted or just made notes
  • found what stamps, punches, ink colors, ribbons, buttons, etc. i wanted and added it to a pile.

after everything was collected i added the pictures {some i had to add later after i printed them}, papers and smaller embellishments to a plastic 12x12 storage pouch.

if i had a sketch idea i also added that to the packet.

and me, just being me, i typed out a master list of the packets i made.

here are some of the packets that i made up and put in my basket:

in my SU! tote i had my scissors, adhesive and the other essentials.

after i made my packets i organized everything in a few totes:
chick flicks are a must!
i also brought a few IRIS 12x12 holders.
two hold my on-going projects and i brought an empty one to put my finished pages in. food. {and drinks!}
you can't go the weekend without eating and or drinking! i was a good girl and only had my pepsi. :) we had pizza friday night and then divided up the rest of the meals for the weekend. here was my table while i was working.
i LOVED my little {set-up}.
i also used carrie's cricut a lot and some of the other cartridges the girls had with!
{thanks again everyone for sharing!!} it was so much fun to hang out with the girls for the weekend,
and as always, it was nice to come back home to my boys.

andy :)

No comments: